Sunday, November 18, 2007

Playing with Fire by Gena Showalter

I have several of Gena Showalter's books on my shelf waiting to read. I've read wonderful reviews of her works, but still other books came along to drag away my attention. However, I finally settled down the other week and decided to read this one. Let me tell you, by the third chapter I was hooked. Ms. Showalter's characters, Belle and Rome had me under their spell and I just HAD to find out how it ended. Needless to say, I had a hard time putting this one down. I hope the same applies to other readers.


Playing with Fire

Publisher: HQN Books (September 1, 2006)
ISBN-10: 0373771290
ISBN-13: 978-0373771295
Print book
$6.99



Earth, Wind & Fire aren't just a band anymore . . .


Used to be my greatest achievement was holding a job more than three days. Now suddenly I can shoot fireballs, chill your drink, or blow-dry your hair at fifty paces with a blink of my eye!

It all started when this crazy scientist dropped something in my Grande Mocha Latte. Of course I got wicked sick. Next morning I'm waking up with this total hottie bending over me. He tells me 1)his name's Rome Masters, 2)he's a government agent and 3)I can control the four elements with a thought.

He seems even less pleased by my (apparently irreversible) transformation than I am . . . Because now he'll have to kill me.

For more information on Gena's books, check out her website.

Happy reading!

No comments: