Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Heart of the Wolf by Terry Spear

Earlier this year, I took two courses taught by author Terry Spear. She’s a great teacher and uses examples from her own fictional works and others to make her point. To me, that really helped me in her courses. However, reading snippets here and there made me want to read her paranormal book, Heart of the Wolf.

I’ll admit, I was slow to get into the book. It was well written and intrigued me, but whether it was just my mood at the time of starting it, or that I was just a little distracted with my own edits at the time, I didn’t want to give up on it. And I’m glad I didn’t.

Ms. Spear made me hate Volan, one of the villains while falling in love with the hero, Devlyn. *dreamy sigh* He and Bella are a couple made for each other even though they tried and tried to fight their attraction as the pack laws hung over their heads. Ms. Spear held me in suspense as to who the killer was. Every time I thought I knew who it was, she’d throw another wrench into the plot.

On top of it all, Ms. Spear made the lupus garou come to life. It was easy to see that she researched true behavior of wolves and weaved them into her red and gray wolves.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys shifter fiction and to anyone who wants my opinion. :)
~Marty




Heart of the Wolf
By Terry Spear

Publisher: Sourcebooks
ISBN# 978-1-4022-1157-7

Can be purchased at Sourcebooks, Barnes & Noble, and Amazon

While searching for clues of a lupus garou who is killing women in the rainy Portland suburbs, Bella Wilder becomes the hunted. She had run away from the gray pack who had taken her in when she was she young. And she will do so again before the brutish pack leader can have her.

Devlyn Greystoke has a mission—return Bella to the gray pack for safekeeping before she exposes their kind and gets herself killed. But little red wolves are in short supply and high demand and Bella’s determined to be the bait to flush out the killer. Keeping her out of danger is only half the trouble Devlyn encounters as his compulsion to make her his mate grows and she fights being his, fearful the pack leader will kill him.

Volan Smith, the gray alpha leader, claimed Bella when she was young. Now that he has located her, he wants Bella back. And he will stop at nothing to have her.


Fallen Angels Review rated it 5 Angels and a Recommended Read
http://fallenangelreviews.com/2008/February/StephanieB-HeartOfTheWolf.htm


No comments: