Saturday, June 7, 2008

Blood Noir by Laurell K. Hamilton

Yes, I know, I've been really bad about not posting. Life has been CRAZY! And honestly, this blog was put on the back-burner. But now that school is out and summer is here, I'm going to try to do much better with my posting - as summer time I get most reading done ;).

Okay, are there any Anita Blake fans out there?? Well, LKH has just released the sixteenth book in the series! It took me three days to read it (only because of all the stuff going on in my life). It was really hard to put down.

I was apprehensive when I bought it. I enjoyed the books in the beginning, but being an erotic romance writer, I'm a huge fan of her great sex scenes. Her last book had what? A total of two, maybe three scenes in the entire book? I know she gets grief from those who say that she's been putting too much sex in her books now, and then grief from those like me when she doesn't put enough *lol* I've found that you can't please EVERYONE!!!

Anyway, as I was saying. When I started reading I almost groaned thinking that this was another Micah book. She goes away with Jason (oh, baby. He and Richard are tied to be my favs) and has sex, sex, sex. Just a filler to have a book out to calm any complaints from fans.

Gladly, it didn't turn out that way. Yes, Anita goes out of town with just Jason. Yes, they have sex. :D Yes, they have some very in depth conversations and realizations (My baby boy is really growing up). BUT...there's lots of other things going on. Some paranormal happenings (Mommy Noir and some were-tigers) and yet others were completely human related.

Overall, I really enjoyed the book. My lovely Richard even "came to the rescue" though in the end, he and Anita still end up arguing a lot and deepening that love/hate relationship. *sigh* I'd love to shake some sense into that man, then chain him to a bed, then...oh, wait. I'll be good *evil laugh*

I've seen both good and bad things on the web about this book. Again, you can't please everyone. I liked it and thought my money was well spent. That's all that matters to me. You'll have to form your own opinion.

Oh, this sounded like a review, didn't it? Oops. *lol* I would recommend this book.
Book can be found at most major book stores and Amazon.com

Website- http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/

Read Chapter One

No comments: