Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One Silent Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Wow, it's been some time since I last posted. So sorry. The holidays and getting back on track took much longer than I expected. In the meantime, I have had a chance to read a lot of books when my muse was being very difficult. But I'm hoping to be back on a more regular basis.

Okay, who would have thought that a book based on the enemy (bad guy) would be so intriguing and good? But then, all villains have histories, right? I was at first weary about Stryker’s book, however, I know how his life is very much attached to Ash and several other regular characters in the Dark Hunter series.

Though the story is centered on Stryker, we are also thrown into subplots that bring more information that are surprising. The greatest thing about the book (in my opinion) was seeing more of Nick. :D Yeah, Ash if my absolute favorite character, but Nick has always been my #2. I won’t spoil any surprises, but perhaps, in the long run, he and Ash won’t be enemies after all.

Okay, back to Stryker. It was nice to see that he actually has emotions and regrets in his life. And I never dreamed that there was a woman alive that held so much power over him.

Mrs. Kenyon did a wonderful job on this book. She made the reader fall for a villain, though, is he really a villain? Only the reader can decide. But she did a terrific job at bringing together enemies in a truce to save those they love.

This is a “don’t miss” book in the long running Dark Hunter series.
~Marty


One Silent Night
Sherrilyn Kenyon
Publisher: St. Martins
Format: paperback
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Available at bookstores like Barnes & Noble, Waldenbooks, Borders, Books A Million, Amazon.com, etc...

Blurb:
While the world carries on unawares, Stryker, who leads an army of demons and vampires, is plotting an all out onslaught against his enemies--which, unfortunately for us, includes the entire human race. To avenge his sister, Stryker prepares to annihilate the Dark-Hunters. But things go awry when his oldest enemy returns. Enter his ex-wife. Zephyra. Just when he thought nothing could stop him, he's now embroiled in a centuries old war with a shrew who gives new meaning to pain and a shrew who is the only woman he's ever really loved.

No comments: