Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Paige's Web by Shelia M. Goss

Paige's Web
by Shlia M. Goss


Publisher: Kensington Publishing
ISBN-13: 9781599830292
Print book
$6.99


Buy Book







A beautiful event planner who has vowed never to put her heart on the line again juggles three different men and finds her noncommittal life becoming more stressful than heartbreak.

EXCERPT:

Alvin and I were walking hand and hand and as we approached his mom, she hugged him and whispered in his ear. His facial expression didn't change, but the spark in his eyes left and was replaced with darkness. I wondered what she said, but I would have to wait.

She stood and said, "Dear, let's have a talk."

"Sure." It wasn't like she was giving me a choice.

"Follow me."

I shrugged my shoulders and my eyes pleaded with Alvin to rescue me. He was either oblivious to my plea or ignored it all together. It became quiet as I followed behind her. She was older and petite, but she was definitely not slow. I increased my pace to keep up with her.

We entered what looked like to be the study because it had a huge oak desk and built- in wall shelves filled with every book imaginable. As a person who liked to read, I was in book heaven.
"Let me see the ring," Mrs. Rivera snapped.

She caught me off guard with her rudeness. "Excuse me?"

"The ring. I want to see how much money my son spent on you."

I held out my hand. She admired it up close and said, "It's more serious than what I thought."
"Yes, we are serious," I stated with a forced smiled.

Without blinking an eye, Mrs. Rivera said, "Ms. Webb. You're not right for my son."

I placed one hand on my hip and the palm of my other hand faced her. "Hold up. I'm not going to stand here and let you insult me."


Shelia M Goss is the author of My Invisible Husband, Roses are thorns, Violets are true, Paige's Web and Double Platinum. Her website is http://www.sheliagoss.com/.

No comments: